Friday, November 22, 2013

Behold, my Favorite Blogs

The credit can be given to Twitter...once I figured out how to use it.  :)  I could search #raredisease, or #faith, or just take a peak at the Snappin' Ministries=Disability Ministry list, and I found myself overwhelmed by wonderful blogs written by extraordinary people.  These people blog about rare diseases, and even common ones, and how faith gets them through each day.   Today, for WEGO Health's Favorite Fridays, I have been assigned the task of telling you about my top three favorite blogs.


First, I have found www.comfortinthemidstofchaos.com to be a wonderful read.  This blog is "a daily devotional especially intended to offer compassion to other challenged parents of kids with special needs."  Published by Snappin' Ministries, this blog incorporates scripture, personal narrative, and prayer into the posts.  I find it a comforting reminder (suitable to the name) that God is with us, and that I can find his support all around me. 

Following Snappin' Ministries led me to another of my favorite blogs: 
www.surprisingtreasures.com .   Another blog of scripture, prayer and narrative; I just can't get enough of reading about other moms who turn to God for their strength, and try to honor Him in their words and actions.  While there are people who say they find ME inspiring, it's a joy for me to be able to drink from a fresh fountain so that I can renew my spirit as well.  God put us on earth together, so we might as well encourage one another while we're here!  The evolution of the BLOG is evidence of how we can become evangelists around the world; not just within our own local community. 

A third blog I follow is www.losjohnson.blogspot.com .  I actually found this blog while searching the internet for information on Koolen-de Vries Syndrome after my friend's daughter was diagnosed with it.  This family actually knows the same kind of "uncertainty" that my family does by having a child with a "RARER than RARE" syndrome.  The Johnsons are beautiful, fun-loving, and inspiring.  Again, God does not put us out there and ask us to find our strength on our own...he provides avenues by which we can find strength.  Reading about another rare disorder reminds me that WAGR families aren't the only ones who find themselves in the position of having to "know more" than the doctors, therapists, and teachers combined.  We can gracefully help educate those who may not know as much, and with each person we tell, they will tell others. 

I have found other wonderful blogs by participating in National Health Blog Post Month.  ( #NHBPM)  I'm so thankful that WEGO Health did this, and that I now know friends like Jessica Gimeno ( www.jessicagimeno.com ) and Rhiann Johns (www.brainlesionandme.com ) and Kam ( www.missempowered.blogspot.com ) .  What a gift. 

I know not everyone likes to sit and read blogs, but for me it is better than checking out a book from the library.  I feel refreshed, renewed, and revived by seeing the spirit of others living with various health conditions, as well as reading about other parents of children with conditions similar to our daughter's.  Someday, I look forward to finally meeting all these souls in heaven where we can party for eternity freed from our broken bodies of this earth. 

For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
1 Corinthians 5:4



No comments:

Post a Comment