Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Satan Must Want This Family Pretty Bad...

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  Ephesians 6:14-17
 
I can honestly say that the first time I felt angry with God was when Evie had to have a fourth surgery on her left eye.  She was not even a year old yet, and we were looking at three surgeries over a three and a half month time span.  I felt frustrated and angry. 
I had a mental spat with God.
My Dad; the Protector from Evil

 
“Haven’t I been positive enough, God?”
"Haven’t I learned enough?” 
“Haven’t I been an example of your strength?”
Then my dad emailed me and expressed the same anger and thoughts.  He went on the write, “Satan must want this family pretty bad.”
There it was!  I had completely forgotten about Satan!  I had been living the gloriousness of God’s Will and mercy for a few months, and had forgotten that Satan was a power at work in the universe.  Satan was fighting for my soul…
I had forgotten to put on my armor…

Every day that things went well, I laid my head down and fell asleep with nary a thought as to how I would fend off the Evil One the next day.
We can’t let the Devil get a foot hold in our hearts. Satan is fighting for our souls, and he will go to great lengths to deceive us and distract us.  We must keep our eyes turned toward God.  He has commissioned us to a high calling and we must be obedient servants who put on the armor with which he provides us.  

I’ll leave you with some questions:
When have you felt angry with God?
What has helped you dig out from depression, frustration, or anger?
When have you felt God was at work?  When have you felt Satan was at work?
How do you put on YOUR armor?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment