Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sovereign and Mighty and Unstoppable

As usual, I'm studying JUST the right book at JUST the right time.  The book of Daniel is a remarkable example of God's sovereignty and power.  It has helped me stay level and calm in the midst of moving across the country, buying and selling a house, and preparing for Evie to have her heart surgery.  

Why am I so calm?  

The study that I'm doing on the book of Daniel has been taking me through, not just Daniel, but other parts of the Bible that speak of God's power and might over the entire realm of humankind.  This morning it took me to Isaiah 14:24, 27:
The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen...For the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?  His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?" 
I have nothing to fear, for God, the Almighty, is in control. 

It is NOT up to me to find our house; God already has our house chosen.  So, if we don't get the house we want, that's because God has not willed it, and who am I to question his plan?

It is NOT up to me to sell our house; God has already chosen the person who will buy it.  So, if we don't sell it right away, or to the person who I think would be the best, that's because God has not willed it, and who am I to question his plan?

It is NOT up to me, or any other person, to ensure that all goes smoothly with Evie's surgery; God has already written her story~the story of her life; the story of MY life.  So, if there are complications with health, or billing, or anything in between, that's because God has willed it, and who am I to question his plan?

NO ONE and NO THING can stop God's will~his design is perfect.  

PERIOD.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tam. Sorry to hear Evie is having yet another surgery. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dan~we made it through, and are other the side now...so glad to have it behind us!!!

      Delete