Thursday, June 12, 2014

How A Gentle Tug On My Foot Gave Me Courage~Guest Blogging Day

Joel and Evie
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
“We will take him home and we will love him.”
Those were the words that my grandma told me my grandpa said to her when my uncle was born with Down Syndrome.  That was nearly 50 years ago when taking home your baby with Down Syndrome was not as “usual” as it is today.
And love him they did…and still do.  We all do.
But why did my grandparents do that?  Why did they decide to break with status quo and take home a baby born with a genetic syndrome that would bring with it many, many serious complications like open heart surgeries and developmental delays?
Two reasons…Love and courage.
Continue Reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos

No comments:

Post a Comment