Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Source of Our Joy~Guest Blogging Day

Image Courtesy of Evgeni Dinev/freedidgitalphotos.net
You always show me the path that leads to life.
 You will fill me with joy when I am with you. 
Acts 2:28 NIRV

New school year...new pencils, new markers, new crayons.  New teachers, new schedules, and maybe new shoes. 
Sounds great, doesn't it?
But then there's also:  new worries, new challenges, new fears of new unknowns.
New locker combinations.
A new flu strain so we have to get a new shot.

A fresh start, like the one my family and I have experienced in moving to Nevada, can be exciting and invigorating.  But I look at my daughter and realize that the newness of it all isn't quite as pleasant for her.  The start of a new school year for any child can be overwhelming and stressful with all the changes and new things to which one must become accustomed.  So, tack on to that stress the fact that my daughter has nothing old and familiar (except maybe us), and I think, "Oh my goodness...how does one process it all?"

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment