Thursday, October 2, 2014

Who's the Bully Now? ~ Guest Blogging Day

Photo Courtesy of Ambro/freedigitalphotos.net
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." And the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.  Luke 23:34 NLT

I was excited to attend my daughter's first official school "program" of the school year today.  My husband and I eagerly took our seats and waited for the program, Bullies Anonymous to begin.  Evie, of course, had been singing the songs for weeks and we were looking forward to seeing the glowing smile that she always wears when she's "on stage."  

Unfortunately, however, it seemed the two moms seated behind us were not feeling quite the excitement that we were.  They began by noting loudly that this was so early in the day that they had almost forgotten about it.  Okay...no problem...maybe their kids hadn't been talking about it for weeks like mine had.  No big deal!

Once the program began though, I couldn't block out the sound of the heavy breaths (I could almost picture them watching the clock), the snickering and "tsk-ing" sounds when someone forgot to hold their microphone close to them, nor the "Oh, Lo-ord" drawn out in disdain as the actors brought in a "computer" used to detect bullies (I even caught that one on video as I was recording Evie's line that she had in the program). 

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment