Skip to main content

The Divine Call of Dignity ~ Guest Blogging Day

Photo Courtesy of grandfailure/freedigitalphotos.net

When he arrived at the house of Jairus, he did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John and James, and the child’s father and mother. Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. “Stop wailing,” Jesus said. “She is not dead but asleep.”

They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. But he took her by the hand and said, “My child, get up!” Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. Her parents were astonished, but he ordered them not to tell anyone what had happened.
~ Luke 8:51-56, NIV ~

There is so much to the two stories captured in Luke 8: 40-56.  (I just listened to a sermon on this passage at church this past week, and was completely absorbed in the message.)  We learn about a woman being healed, and a girl being raised from the dead in this very short, concise part of scripture.   

But, these stories didn't speak to me because of the healing or the resurrection...they spoke to me because of what they reveal about the nature of God; that He places a priority on the DIGNITY of each individual, and that He takes into consideration the PLACE that people hold in society. 

HOW ARE WE VALUED IN SOCIETY? 

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why it's HUMANLY Impossible to be the Parent of a Child with Special Needs ~ Guest Blogging Day

"See now that I myself am he!There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal,and no one can deliver out of my hand."Deuteronomy 32:39, NIV

I can't do this.I wish I could run away.I am FAILING at this.I give up.
I have thought these thoughts before, and perhaps I may again, and it's only through the grace of God that I can get up each morning and muster the energy to make the coffee, shower, smile and go bravely into a brand new day.

I do this for my daughter, my husband and my God.

I do this because I KNOW for a FACT that I AM A WINNER...and I'm ONLY a winner because Jesus Christ died for me and conquered the grave.

BUT WAIT! Let's take a step back.

Why is my life so hard that I may have thought the thoughts that I listed above?
Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No One Can Understand You (Part 1) ~ Guest Blogging Day

My son, if you accept my wordsand store up my commands within you,turning your ear to wisdomand applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insightand cry aloud for understanding,and if you look for it as for silverand search for it as for hidden treasure,then you will understand the fear of the Lordand find the knowledge of God.~ Proverbs 2:1-5, NIV ~

God has been working on a weakness of mine for a long, long time.So has Satan. I would never have thought that my volunteering or using my “gifts” could become stumbling blocks for me, but, whoa, Nelly… did they ever!

Thankfully, a series of sermons, devotions, and passages from books I’ve been reading finally convinced me that I needed to make a change… 
A BIG CHANGE. 
Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos... 

Saturday's Stuff

Peering through a lens I see saltwater sprays,
Vultures spread-winged and soaring, 
Diamonds dancing on the blue.

I pull back and see kites that won't fly,
But sand that does,
Artwork created for the water to wash away.

We drive in to the small, sea-side town,
A treasure in a small store off the turn,
And, as always, today is a good day for some taffy.

Through the finger-printed panes I see a sky,
It never meets the water,
But blurs into rippling waves and blue lines of static.

I missed the sunset because I was laughing,
But the sun will set tomorrow too,
And my stomach still aches from the laughter.

Not a dusty blue book on a shelf,
No papers strewn on a countertop,
No worries about who to be when the sun rises in the morning.

Written in response to The Write Prompts