Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I wore yellow


A week has past since you left us;
We breathe in and we breathe out.
The sun has fully eclipsed;
And followed it's measured route.

On that day I wore yellow;
And my top had a hood.
These are the things I remember,
When remembering is good.

In many ways we're the same,
As we were a week ago.
Same bedtime stories and mealtimes, 
Same popcorn snack and TV shows.

And today while I drank my coffee, 
God made it quite clear, 
I wore yellow that day on purpose:
So you wouldn't feel fear.

I wore the color of the sun
As you drifted off to sleep, 
I wore the color of the butterflies
After which you'd bound and leap.

A week has past since you left us;
And like a wildfire burns,
We still have hot spots and smoldering,
But we're containing the vicious hurt.  

I will think of you tomorrow,
Our memories will never fade.
Because you always found the sunshine, 
And you never liked the shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment