Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Foe Beneath my Feet



We just finished our Bible Study of Romans in my Friday morning Women’s Ministry group.  That book has always been an inspiration to me, but I never quite realized how powerful of a tool it is to help me get through life.  And if you didn’t already know, it really goes out with a total knock-out punch:

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.  The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20

Hollah!!!  If that isn’t a victory cry, I don’t know what is!

I have seen Satan these past few weeks, he’s hard at work, trying to manipulate my feelings and emotions concerning our future move to Reno.  He has thrown me into fits of anxiety, and tried to knock me down with illness while we were out west visiting the area, and checking things out.  I rallied my prayer warriors to help me get through; and the power of prayer was evident.  One day, for example, I woke up thinking I for sure had strep throat because it was too painful to swallow.  I called on my prayer warriors; they lifted me up in prayer, and BLAMO!!! 

Sore throat gone, fever gone, in an instant.

Satan is a very, very real adversary and he is hard at work in the world trying to make us stumble as we run this race for God.   

I relish the opportunity to consider myself using the PEACE that only GOD can give me to CRUSH SATAN under my feet. 
www.iheartinspiration.com

I even imagine a nice little twist of my foot…like grinding an insect into the pavement.

And when will God’s peace do this for us?

Soon…it will happen soon…

I think I can handle that.

Questions to Consider:
When have you seen Satan at work in your life?
Do you have prayer warriors who you KNOW will pray when you call upon them?
Have you ever yet experienced the feeling that God's peace has enabled you to crush Satan?

No comments:

Post a Comment