Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First Ever #WAGRzebrachallenge Final Results

Wow...

First of all, I apologize for not posting earlier today...were you all waiting with bated breath???

Here are the results of the first ever #WAGRzebrachallenge:

Total Facebook photos posted:  (by my human investigation and findings) 112

Total Tweets:  3

IWSA Facebook Page:  +150 % in New Page Likes for the Week
                                      +287% in Total People Reached (the number of people who see our things in their news feeds)
                                      +181% in Total People Engaged (people liking, sharing and commenting on our page)

Total $ in On-Line Donations to the IWSA over the past week:  $465

Total # of Views of my #WAGRzebrachallenge Blog Posts: 1,040

Wow...

I can't begin to tell you, from this mommy's heart, what it feels like to see this kind of support, love, encouragement and enthusiasm for our kids.  Everyone who participated in any capacity gives us the strength and courage that it sometimes takes to be the parent of a zebra.  

As I mentioned, that was an un-planned challenge...I hope, seeing the success of this, to put together a much stronger campaign to celebrate Rare Disease Day 2015 with all of our families around the world.  

Keep checking in on Wednesdays for my (usually weekly) WAGR Wednesday posts that highlight just one of the many nuances that we find with WAGR Syndrome, and watch for our monthly newsletter which is published around the 5th of each month and posted to our IWSA Facebook Page...or, you CAN sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox by clicking HERE!

The thing that this challenge has shown me is just how strong the friends and families of our WAGR families are!  I found a quotation that sums up how rewarding this challenge has been for me:
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."  -Benjamin Disraeli
Thank you for showing me just how richly I am blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment