Who am I? Why am I here???

My photo
I see how God has prepared me for my life, and want to share with others my story so they too can raise the cups that God has given them and say, "Only by your grace, Lord, will I finish this race."

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Begin Again ~ Guest Blogging Day


But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him 
and was filled with compassion for him; 
he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
Luke 15:20 NIV

We hear the phrases often:
  • It's time for a fresh start...
  • It's never too late to begin again...
  • Let's go back to the beginning...
  • Can I get a do-over?
But, in this life, we are accustomed to TRUE, and REAL "fresh starts" as being few and far between. I mean, how many "fresh starts" do we REALLY get?
Think about it:
  • You can retake a class for a better grade, but you still have to pay again.
  • You can make bail and get out of jail, but it's probably still on your record.
  • You can apologize to someone for a wrong thing you have done, but they will likely remember it and have a hard time rebuilding the trust that was lost.
I am a big fan of fresh starts.  I just re-dedicated myself to a more structured workout program.  I grew "lazy" a couple years ago and started to workout for 15 minutes rather than a half hour, and I was starting to really see the repercussions of that.  I was taking a lot of short-cuts in my workouts and not doing the hard moves in the right way.  I needed to get to a place where I was ready to BEGIN AGAIN.

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment