Sunday, May 29, 2016

Begin Again ~ Guest Blogging Day


But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him 
and was filled with compassion for him; 
he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
Luke 15:20 NIV

We hear the phrases often:
  • It's time for a fresh start...
  • It's never too late to begin again...
  • Let's go back to the beginning...
  • Can I get a do-over?
But, in this life, we are accustomed to TRUE, and REAL "fresh starts" as being few and far between. I mean, how many "fresh starts" do we REALLY get?
Think about it:
  • You can retake a class for a better grade, but you still have to pay again.
  • You can make bail and get out of jail, but it's probably still on your record.
  • You can apologize to someone for a wrong thing you have done, but they will likely remember it and have a hard time rebuilding the trust that was lost.
I am a big fan of fresh starts.  I just re-dedicated myself to a more structured workout program.  I grew "lazy" a couple years ago and started to workout for 15 minutes rather than a half hour, and I was starting to really see the repercussions of that.  I was taking a lot of short-cuts in my workouts and not doing the hard moves in the right way.  I needed to get to a place where I was ready to BEGIN AGAIN.

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment