Thursday, December 8, 2016

If You Don't Hate Christmas Yet...Guest Blogging Day


If anyone comes to me and does not hate their father and mother, 
wife and children, brothers and sisters
--yes, even their own life--
such a person cannot be my disciple. 
Luke 14:26 NIV

I know, I know...this doesn't SOUND like the start to a post about Christmas-but it's a message that God has been giving me repeatedly in the past week.

It READS as though it's a message of hate...
It READS as though it's contradictory to a commandment about honoring your father and mother...

What it really IS, however, is a statement about how much we have to GIVE UP in order to BE a Christ-follower.  

However much we love our family- We need to love God more.
However much we love our pets-  We need to love God more.
However much we love our job-  We need to love God more.

We need to love God MORE.
We need to love God MORE.
We need to love God MORE.

This is the repeated message that God is delivering to me this holiday season.  Whatever I love in my life, I must love God more.

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment