Thursday, March 2, 2017

Is It Meaningless or Is It Success? Guest Blogging Day


To the person who pleases him, 
God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, 
but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. 
This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 
 Ecclesiastes 2:26 NIV

We are digging into Ecclesiastes 2 at our church and I couldn't be more fascinated by it.  King Solomon, who wrote the book, would have been considered "successful" by most worldly standards, especially at that time in history.  Yet, in this memoir, you find that he has deemed most of the riches he has amassed, the hours he toiled, the wives and concubines he had claimed...he realized that it was all MEANINGLESS and brought him no closer to any sort of joy in his heart of hearts. 

In reading through his dilemma, we start to wonder for ourselves, WHAT IS SUCCESS?  

As a mom, a wife, a writer, an advocate, a teacher, daughter, citizen...where will I find my scale that shows me how much JOY or SUCCESS I have achieved?  

I'll be talking more about this topic in my future posts, I'm sure, because pride and success is something I definitely struggle with~but, yesterday afternoon I had the SWEETEST aroma of "success" that I wanted to share it and give God the glory.

Continue reading on Comfort in the Midst of Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment