Thursday, June 6, 2019

My Prayer at the Beginning of 9th Grade


As I sit here tonight with Evie's last day of school tomorrow, I feel relief, I feel sadness, I feel excitement, I feel nervousness...

I turn in my prayer journal to August 3rd...a day when my fears for Evie's start of high school were overwhelming to me, and I reflect on how this prayer carried me through a challenging, rewarding, nerve-wracking and unexpected year.

Jehovah Nissi~the Lord is our Banner~this is my battle cry as we begin a new school year. 

Lord, I ask you to go before us as parents and prepare our way for an exciting, enlightening, safe and growing year. I pray that you place protection around our children from any dark earthly and un-earthly forces that may try to surround them. I pray that You cover them with the saving blood of the Lamb-that they will be confident as Your children.

Lord, I ask that Your Spirit makes me the kind of parent you want me to be: patient, slow to anger, present, faithful, tender. I pray that I will not be wasteful with my time-that I won't look for ways to escape stress other than prayer time with You-not facebook, instagram nor TV. You give me the truth. Everything else is worldly lies. 

As my "banner," Lord, I pray You guide me when battles arise concerning my child this year. I pray that I am gracious, fair, and that you give me the right words to confront those who may be my adversary at the time. Help me to remember that our earthly view is SCARCITY-but You give us life ABUNDANT, and the world cannot take that from us. I never have to fly off the handle in anger because of "not enough." 

Bless the teachers and students. Keep our schools healthy. Multiply the space in our schools to help them not feel so crowded. Multiply the resources of books, supplies, power, clear air, food, water...provide an abundance of these things that will help our children succeed, grow, and learn. 

Father God, You are the author of this school year and even before the first bell rings, I give You glory and praise. I knowYou are with us, and that You love us and You have commanded us to be unafraid, because we are Your children. Praise you, Jehovah Nissi. 

Amen

And tonight I add:

God, thank You for this school year...for how we've grown, for the people we've met, for the challenges we've faced and for how they have led us to a knew place~they have changed our trajectory, they have changed our hearts, and they have reminded us that we must press into You when we don't have enough strength to carry ourselves. We look forward to the summer ahead and our new journey with home school next fall. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment