Friday, November 30, 2018

Are You Still Watching?



We don't have cable television nor do we have Direct TV...satellite, any of that...We just have a monthly subscription to Netflix and we love it!

There are no commercials with which to contend, and I can watch whatever I want whenever I want it! I also love that Netflix will stop after it's shown you three straight episodes of a show and will say, "Are you still watching?" You have the option to hit CONTINUE or go back to the menu.

Clearly, their belief is, "We'll make this convenient in that we'll start three episodes in a row without making you do any work...BUT, we also know that you don't want to fall asleep and then miss an entire season of a TV show, so we'll stop at three and make YOU decide if you're ready to go on.
I wonder what life would be like if God would stop progressing our LIVES whenever we tuned out on him.
I think I would still be 10 years old.

How OFTEN do we fall asleep and STOP WATCHING God?.

How OFTEN do we have God running in the background while we're doing other things, and suddenly we are three episodes in and have missed the story?

We have so many distractions in our lives these days: social media, sports, games, family...all of them CAN be good, but all of them can become idols that pull us away from God and take a position of utmost importance in our daily lives. 

ARE WE STILL WATCHING GOD?

Here's the irony in my writing, and COMPLETING this particular blog post...it's been sitting in my drafts folder for three years. THREE YEARS it took me to finish something that I had thought about writing. I'm a little surprised that when I logged into Blogger, there wasn't a pop-up window that would say: ARE YOU STILL WRITING?


Written in response to The Write Prompts


No comments:

Post a Comment